Sunday, March 11, 2007

anonymous

Two hours had passed by already and my eyes were still fixed on him. I stared so hard that i don't remember blinking even once! His soft white,radiant skin glowed like the moon on a full moon night; his eyes concentrating hard on this beautifully crafted instrument and his fingers caressed those smooth strings almost as if he was making love .His black suit and shiny "cherryblossomed" shoes made just the right match.Everything about this man was perfect, perfect from head to toe he was.Yes,i had found the perfect man.Suddenly i noticed him looking at me, he smiled shyly and then turned away.I was still staring.It was almost 3 hours now and suddenly I realised that everyone around me had left,except that one man and a few other mates of his,they seemed to be packing some stuff in a hurry.He turned around and was quite surprised to see me sitting alone, now i could see him come closer to me,slowly one step at a time,closer and closer. I could hear my heart beat so loud that i thought it would pop out any minute! He was there standing right in front of me and for the first time in those three hours i took my eyes off him......

He sat beside me and asked me softly " ma'am are you waiting for someone?" This did it,all i wanted to tell him that it was he who i was waiting for almost 2 years now and it was only he who i had thought of in those 2 years .Suddenly i sprang out of my emotions ,though forcibly,and hesitating a little ,i replied "oh! thank you, i'm fine. ermmm...if you don't mind could i get an autograph of yours,please?" he brightly said "ah! why not,sure , ofcourse !" as i gave him my autograph book , i felt his hand ,soft as silk and quite seducing, i got carried away for a lil' bit. He quickly signed it, i smiled ,saying a courteous thank you and parted....


As i walked along the pavement that day , not realising where i wanted to go, he still conquered my mind ! I, as usual got lost in my thoughts, well at least it was the safest place to get lost in, i knew he was penned down by God somewhere in my life, i kept walking hoping that this wasn't the last time we'd be meeting. That night i couldn't sleep , his flattering smile and his undoubted grace and charm kept me awake all night. The next morning as i read the daily, my eyes dropped suddenly as i read those words ,bold and loud,like little black ants ,they came crawling out,biting me all over,mercilessly. Yes, he was getting married to his childhood friend,Dorothy. My eyes weeped and weeped endlessly like the waterfalls ,outburst! Everyday i'd tell myself that it was all over and that God had played havoc with my life. In the night's silence , i still weeped........

Its been almost 20 years since then, well, i wouldn't be completely honest if i said that i'd cut him out of my life forever (well, it sure is not as simple as plucking your waste,dry,dull hair out) i still thought of him sometimes and over the years i had just settled with the truth,the bitter truth, but still the truth nevertheless....... the truth that he was not mine! But you know how sometimes one can find an entrancing pleasure in a moment's solitude, well he had given me something so priceless..... he gave me memories, the most wonderful days of my life! I still remember how i stood in those never-ending queues just so i could get a glimpse of him and let that sweet melody seduce me, sweep me off my feet,simply just like that. Well all i have to say is , love ya Clapton!





NOTE:the characters in the above post are purely fictional, any resemblance to a person,either living or dead is purely co-incidental.

ps:Sir, incase u visit my blog,do leave me an autograph =)

9 comments:

Barath said...

verry lovely story i must say!
keep it up!! :) :)

Dhananjai or dhanu said...

hehe hrush is tht u...purely coincidental ;)

atul said...

coming from you, WHOA! looking forward to more such stuff ;)

hrushita said...

thank ye all!

hrushita said...

@ dhanu: yeah "purely co-incidental"..i changed it :)
@ all: yes, yes its me, i have come to accept the fact that i can write romantic stuff,I CAN!

Vishesh said...

oh...nice story a good script for a movie maybe-d indiannn masala-then you meet the guy again and he tries to bump his childhood sweetheart off.....then here comes apolice man-even more mesmerising...lol..
sorry..

really nice one-it maybe think of someone..

priya said...

wow girl.. u write well :)

Jayasindhya said...

wow seriously... dat sounded so rreeeal n did i mention romantic? :)

hrushita said...

@jaya,priya: *gee* thanks!